If your young child can identify the letters of the alphabet and numbers, knows how to count, and is beginning to read, they are ready for piano lessons. Below are 20 piano concepts and benefits children can gain in their first year of piano lessons.
1. Locating A, B, C, D, E, F, and G on the piano keyboard (Music Alphabet)
2. Musical Alphabet Up and Down (Circle of Seconds or Steps)
3. Line Notes and Space notes (Circle of Thirds or Skips)
4. Broken and Blocked, in the Key of C, F and G (Triads)
5. The Major Scale (Half Steps and Whole Steps)
6. Five-Finger Scales in C Major, A Minor, D Minor F Major, G Major (Pentatonic Scales)
7. Octaves (Ottava signs and Keyboard Arrangement)
8. Intervals (Distance between two keys on the piano or two notes on the staff)
9. Sharps (Half Steps Up)
10. Flats (Half Steps Down)
11. High Sounds (Treble Clef )
12. Low Sounds (Bass Clef)
13. Forte, Mezzo Forte, Piano, Mezzo Piano, Crescendo (Dynamics)
14. Listening & Playing Back (Imitation)
15. Changing a Theme (Variations)
16. Personal Expression (Improvisation)
17. Playing with more ease (Technique)
18. Playing with style (Articulations: legato, staccato, accents)
19. Playing for others (Performing in Recitals)
20. Sharing their talent (Becoming Part of the Music Community. )
In addition to music theory, first year piano students are trained in piano performance and artistry. Can you imagine your children playing the piano in your living room, or performing in their first piano recital? There is nothing that warms parents’ hearts more than seeing their children engaged in a creative activity that is challenging and beneficial. Why not enroll your child in piano lessons while they are young? You can't make a better investment in their future. In addition to the 20 benefits above, other rewards of piano lessons are well documented - increased math and reading scores, increased overall educational progress. So don't wait to give your child the benefits of music. You'll be glad you did.
To learn the best way to share the gift of music with children visit Amazon.com for my Piano Adventure Stories for Children These exciting Piano Adventure stores for children ages 5 to 11 feature the loveable characters, Mrs. Treble Beary and her passionate, new piano student, Albeart Littlebud. Children love following along with Albeart to Mrs. Treble Beary's piano studio in Musical Acres Forest. Here they learn what piano lessons are all about in a fun way that kids readily understand and appreciate! Piano students laugh and giggle while reading “Little Bear's Musical Garden" and “Little Bear's Piano Goals. "
For a wealth of f'ree information and piano music online visit Piano Adventure Bears Music Education Resources Don't Wait to Share the Gift of Music!