Article writing is one of those exercises that for a few people produces truly phenomenal results online. They consistently write great articles, submit them online, people read them, click through to their links, and the authors end up with traffic, subscribers, and sales.
So why don’t more internet marketers write articles? I saw a statistic once that mentioned that the average person that writes articles stops before they have written 7 articles.
7 articles. That is nothing. On average, 7 articles nets me 25 subscribers. Maybe that is why they give up. But now that I have over 230 articles online, I get 25 subscribers a day.
OK, so how do you do it?
1) Create a list of categories that serve your niche population. I have about 15 categories that I use to write articles. That way, I can write 15 articles a day, one in each category.
2) To write an article, select one category for the article. Think of one thing you can offer information about regarding that category. Just one. Articles should have no more than one main idea or tight theme per article. If you have two ideas, write two articles.
3) Write a title that precisely describes the idea for your article and what you are going to share.
4) Write an introduction sentence or two that tells readers what you are going to share and why.
5) Write from the hip about your idea. 2-3 paragraphs of 2-3 sentences each is usually plenty. If you write too long of an article, your readers will stop reading before they get to your bio at the end.
6) Write a sentence or two at the end summarizing your idea and giving your reader a solid action to take to apply your idea to their business (or life, etc. )
7) Write a short bio like the one at the end of this article. Include a link to your web site or web page.
Do you want to learn more about how I do it? I have just completed (yesterday) my brand new guide to article marketing success, ‘Your Article Writing and Promotion Guide‘
Download it free here: Secrets of Article Promotion
Do you want to learn how to build a massive list fast? Click here: Email List Building
Sean Mize is a full time internet marketer who has created over 200 articles in print and 6 published ebooks online.