Connecting with the Moon phases, the Full and New Moon phases in particular, is something anyone can do very easily. It is all about energy (isn't everything?) and directing the energies in a positive way. In other words, there isn't anything “woo-woo" about using the Full and New Moon energies, in case certain images of running around naked and chanting in the moonlight are coming to mind! As many of us already know, we as humans, the animals and our planet Earth are highly influenced by the Moon in various ways.
Besides regulating the menstrual cycles of females on this planet and the ocean's tides, the Moon phases affect our moods and emotions. Just ask those who work as police officers, doctors and nurses, restaurant owners - any profession working directly with people and they will tell you without a reasonable doubt that something is different with the behavior of people during the Full Moon and New Moon. If the gravitational pull of the Moon is strong enough to cause tides, just imagine how it affects us and we are made up mostly of water.
Many farmers still plant crops according to the Moon's phases and the “Farmers’Almanac" has been around for a long time and is considered to be a very reliable and valuable guide by farmers. The Full and New Moon phases have powerful influences and indigenous people around the globe have learned to work with these energies spiritually and scientifically. We too can connect with these energies on each Full Moon and New Moon.
How does this relate to manifesting? On these Moon phases, we can use these very strong energies to set our intentions and desires. Everything we want to achieve over the next month (and beyond) we can put out to the Universe. Of course, this can be done at any time but since these more powerful energies are freely available to all of us, it only makes sense to use them to our advantage. On these days, we can use Moon to assist us in manifesting what we want to appear in our lives.
1. On a Full or New Moon, clear the energy in the room by using a smudge stick or essential oils (something calming such as lavender). Both of these can be found in many health food stores and online. Your favorite incense will work very well also. Set the mood with a candle or two and perhaps music, if desired and get comfortable.
2. Write the date at the top of a sheet of paper and make a list of all of your intentions and desires - everything you want to see made manifest in your life.
3. When you are finished, you may want to add the words, “May these intentions and desires manifest for the Highest good of all" at the top or bottom of your paper. If you choose to, you may also add one or more spiritual names you are personally drawn to at the top or bottom of your list. For example, the names of Jesus, Buddha, various saints, Ascended Masters, angels, guides - spiritual names of those who fit in with your belief system can be written on your list for additional spiritual energies.
4. Keep this list very private and close to you, in your wallet or purse, for example.
5. Read this list each day just before going to sleep and first thing upon awakening. Then forget about it. This is the most important part, the letting go of your intentions and desires. Checking for signs to see if your desires have happened yet is exactly like planting a seed and digging it up everyday to see if it has started to grow. This slows down the process considerably and can bring it to a halt. Rather than worry about whether it's working, just let it go. God, the Universe, All-That-Is will handle the rest.
Michael Losier, author of “Law of Attraction: The Science of Attracting More of What You Want and Less of What You Don't", defines letting go as the removal of all doubt. For more information about letting go and the Law of Attraction, visit his website at: www.lawofattractionbooks.com
Where To Find Dates of Moon Phases
There are many sources of moon phases on the Internet as well as the “Farmers'Almanac". Information can be found at: http://www.farmersalmanac.com/
Another good source is the U. S. Naval Observatory at: http://aa. usno. navy. mil/data/docs/MoonPhase.html
As your intentions and desires manifest, and they will, remember to cross them off of your list! Again, this very powerful and fun exercise can be done on each Full and New Moon.
Chyrene Pendleton, Metaphysician, Numerologist, Dowser, teaches several workshops on topics including prosperity and abundance, numerology and dowsing. Her articles have been featured in many mainstream and spiritual journals over the years and in her free, online Ezine called, The Isle of Light.
Chyrene is the owner of The Isle of Light Inc. , a spiritual, metaphysical online spiritual center dedicated to assisting all to become more empowered and enlightened in a wide variety of ways. She is a certified television show producer and co-produced and hosted The Isle of Light television talk show in Denver, Colorado, which continues to air biweekly. Chyrene is also the producer and host of The Isle of Light Internet radio talk show which airs 24 hours each day at Live365.
Chyrene Pendleton’s websites can be found at:
The Isle Of Light http://www.theisleoflight.com
Internet Radio Talk Show http://www.live365.com/stations/avalon22
Chyrene's Prosperity Blog http://theisleoflight.blogspot.com/