1. Customers are enlightened and smart and are looking for the best, so it keeps you striving to be the best you can be.
2. The internet! Need I say more? Spam and popups notwithstanding, the internet is the greatest miracle that’s happened for business since electricity.
3. Your colleagues. There is something so heart-warming and great about being able to connect with other people who are passionate about the same thing you are.
4. Your customers! Knowing that what you do provides value in the world helps give life meaning.
5. Building wealth. Whether it’s slow in coming or pouring in like a river, we are SO blessed with opportunity sometimes we don’t even see the enormity of it. Imagine what your life would have been like 434 years ago (in 1621, the year of the first American Thanksgiving) and compare it to now. Helps put it all in perspective, doesn’t it?
6. Giving back. We are so blessed we continually give back with all we do. Whether you give to great charities like www.Seva.org or www.heifer.org or donate your old coats, it is a blessing that we are in a position to give things back. As service professionals we are also blessed in that our work feels like giving back all the time.
7. Great information. Whether it’s through this newsletter or in the hundreds of other places you get what you’re looking for, it has never been easier to find the support you need to build your business.
8. Your family. Being in business can be tough on relationships, but it’s also made richer when you focus on why you’re doing it all. Building a great life for yourself and the ones you love is a great part of that.
9. Finding your voice. Learning how to market your services is all about finding your voice and figuring out how you uniquely bring value to the world. Imagine getting paid while you’re figuring that out too!
10. Growing as a person. I always say: being in business for yourself is the most confronting and best thing you can do to grow as a person. What a gift!
©2005 Maria E. Andreu. Service business owners, get the AMS Letter and receive 10 great tips for marketing, as well as free audio of the popular Building Mktg Confidence. Get instant access, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or http://www.andreumarketingsolutions.com/newsletter.htm