Are you witnessing outstanding performances by your employees? If not, are you providing some form of feedback to your employees as to their level of performance and your satisfaction with their performance? Are you doing any coaching or mentoring with your employees?
For purposes of this article, I will presume that many of you are not providing feedback, coaching and/or mentoring of any kind or are doing so at a level that is not producing positive results. It is very important to know that you need to institute some form of an ongoing program to monitor, mentor and coach your staff on a regular basis if you want to have outstanding performance from them. The age-old argument that owners, managers and supervisors do not have time to mentor and coach and give feedback is dysfunctional and not acceptable. I strongly believe that the problems that occur from not coaching and mentoring will consume much more time than the time to coach and mentor. Furthermore, by not coaching and mentoring, there is a very strong probability that there will be more work for those who did not take the time to coach and mentor.
So, how do you go about this coaching and mentoring? Here are ten (10) tips from your strategic thinking business coach that should help you answer that question.
1. Gather information about your team members and learn about skill deficiencies, any confusion on assigned tasks, interests and aspirations, etc.
2. Listen to and hear what your team members say to you and pay attention to their body language also.
3. Communicate frequently to detect morale or other problems that cause stress in the workplace and diminish productivity and create negative attitudes.
4. Train your team members as individuals and as a team, after assessing the training needs.
5. Provide ongoing feedback on performance with praise, suggestions for improvement and corrective suggestions.
6. Create an environment for free and open exchange of ideas with your team.
7. View mistakes as learning opportunities and value the lessons learned.
8. Recognize improvement and accomplishments. Celebrate success!
9. Support team member’s initiatives to pursue additional training and other self-development opportunities.
10. Hire an outside professional coach to assist you in the development and implementation of your ongoing program.
Striving for outstanding performance in your company or organization is essential to your success. If you want to learn more about gaining outstanding performance through mentoring and coaching in your company or organization and how a strategic thinking business coach can facilitate and guide you in that endeavor, please contact Glenn Ebersole today through his website at www.businesscoach4u.com or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Glenn Ebersole, Jr. is a multi-faceted professional, who is recognized as a visionary, guide and facilitator in the fields of business coaching, marketing, public relations, management, strategic planning and engineering. Glenn is the Founder and Chief Executive of two Lancaster, PA based consulting practices: The Renaissance Group, a creative marketing, public relations, strategic planning and business development consulting firm and J. G. Ebersole Associates, an independent professional engineering, marketing, and management consulting firm. He is a Certified Facilitator and serves as a business coach and a strategic planning facilitator and consultant to a diverse list of clients. Glenn is also the author of a monthly newsletter, “Glenn’s Guiding Lines – Thoughts From Your Strategic Thinking Business Coach" and has published more than 250 articles on business.
To find out more about the benefits & rewards of effectively working with a strategic thinking business coach, please contact Glenn Ebersole through his web site at http://www.businesscoach4u.com or email@example.com