Want increased web site traffic? This is every webmaster's dream come true and through this article I am going to be sharing some secrets that are surely going to generate a steady stream of website traffic for your site.
One of the first things you need to do is to make sure that your site is search engine optimized. Search engine optimization or SEO is what webmasters pay big bucks for and you can at least make some minor changes to your site to optimize it for the search engines as there are many small things that webmasters don't even realize affects their search engine rankings.
- Absolutely avoid dynamic links that use session ids. Many sites which have a number of products to sell tend to use links that contain a string of numbers and letters that are not just rejected by search engine spiders but are also difficult for humans to read or remember (you are trying to build brand value and people must remember your site name) and human-edited directories also tend to leave out such links.
- A good layout and logo is a must if you want to build a site that has a strong impact. But one thing you must remember is not to go overboard with images because not only does it slow down the loading time of your site, especially for people with slower internet connections but also greatly affects your search engine rank. Though images look great spiders don't crawl through images so I would suggest that you make sure all your images have some alternative text. Alt text that uses keywords to define the product is just what the search engine ordered.
- Have all your links in text form. Text links are recognized by search engines and read as text so your site if linked as http://www.abcxyz.com automatically gets the spotlight each time it is linked somewhere.
- You have done everything for your site including having a good theme and design but what about navigation? Do you have dead links or any floating pages that are not connected to any other page? There you have a drop in your rankings. Smooth navigation in your site is as important as anything else.
- This is something that most people don't bother with but I am sure if you are reading this you are not an average webmaster and you genuinely caring about your site and your visitors. Cross browser compatibility is very essential because certain things that will show up in Internet Explorer wont in Netscape so you are going to lose out on accessibility and thus, traffic. Also make sure that you test your site to be legible in all resolutions because often there are sites which only work with a particular resolution, and that mars them.
Search engine optimization is the best way to climb the rankings on search engines and get your web site increased traffic.
Himanshu Joshi is an Expert Internet Marketer who helps service professionals, small business owners and marketing professionals to get more traffic and sales using proven marketing techniques. Watch This FREE Video to learn, “How to make $100, $300 or even $500 each day using Secret Marketing Techniques". Claim Your FREE Video at http://hiddenmarketingsecrets.com