1. You always wanted to discover that sweet old fashioned town that is stuck in a fifties time warp. You know it's out there somewhere beckoning you.
2. You just want to get away from traffic, Mc Donald's, over-crowding, and noise. Find a quiet, peaceful living environment where you can relax.
3. You want a place where you can plant a great garden. It must be sunny and moderate in climate. Maybe you'll even open a stand at the farmers market to share your bounty with everyone.
4. You have plans to really pursue that hobby. So you need a work space, maybe a shop or craftroom. The kitchen table and garage just won't do. You're serious about this now!
5. You want to walk out your front door and take long stroll through beautiful scenery. Maybe your good buddy, Fido is by your side. Good fresh air and no city sounds.
6. You want to live by the ocean and smell that salt air. Watch the fog roll in and walk barefoot through the sand. Or maybe it's the mountains or country that entices you.
7. You always wanted to care for small livestock. Go out and find a few fresh eggs for breakfast. Pet a friendly goat or ride a cute pony through the hills.
8. You want to sit out on the porch in a rocker and listen to birds chirp while you read the paper. And wave to the mailman making his rounds. Just take in the lovely passing scene.
9. You know this is an important time in your life. . . the last hurrah. Being in that ideal home setting is absolutely essential. After all it's now or never!
10. You don't want to look back with regret. . . at least explore the idea of finding that perfect retirement setting. The time is right, isn't it?
Dot McLeod is webmaster for http://www.best-towns-to-retire.com with resouces for your retirement planning.