One of the major concerns with extensively growing population is water contamination. The government supplied tap water is not pure anymore and thus drinking it directly, can lead to complications. The situation calls for immediate action and there is a small step that can be taken in this direction to prevent all water borne diseases and maintain good health.
Water purifiers now a day come in all shapes, sized and budgets. This is definitely just a small price to pay for your health. A water purifier for home occupies minimum space and offers multiple benefits in return.
- Removes contamination – Even clear looking water is not pure and using a water purifier can remove all the contaminants not visible to the naked eye, thus making it safe to drink.
- Improves the taste of water – Filtering water removes all contaminants including chlorine, urea and others, this makes a dramatical change in the taste and odour of the water.
- Cheaper in the long run – People prefer drinking bottled water if they find the tap water impure. Instead, installing a water purifier turns out cheaper, making the investment worth.
- Reduces the diseases caused by bacteria or cyst – Many bacteria are immune to chlorine and thus are not removed. People, as a result ingest bacteria when they drink poorly treated water and end up with some form of gastroenteritis. For young, old and people with weak immune systems, the results can be serious. Having a good water filter will make most vulnerable people safe.
- Best water for pregnant women and children – The unborn inside the mother’s womb is at serious risk if the mother consumes something contaminated. Impurities such as lead or mercury can hamper baby’s growth. Younger children are also at risk as their immune systems are still under development.
- Removes lead from water – Lead is one of the most harmful elements your water can have. The use of a good filter will help you remove it.
- More environment friendly – Filtering water and using bottled water if compared, bottled water makes the environment dirtier by creating landfills of bottles to clean and decompose.
- Reduces the amount of scale in equipment – Scale is the solid residue that evaporated water leaves in utensils. Using water purifiers reduces the amount of scale formation.
The last and the most worthy benefit is that you don’t have to worry about boiling water every now and then.
Now, we know all water purifiers are not created equal and you have to ascertain about the one you purchase, but with multiple options, you surely will land up with the one that suits you the best.