Originally, all foods were “organic” – grown and prepared without pesticides, herbicides, chemical fertilizers, hormones, irradiation to prevent spoilage, and microwave cooking.
Our food these days, whether of vegetable or animal origin, is not only deficient in nutrients but also full of pollutants and farm chemicals. The modern denaturing of foods through massive refining and chemical treatment deeply affects their Energy qualities, making them devoid of the exact boost that we should be getting from our food.
Here is a great recipe for the summer using some yummy, organic Swiss Chard:
Organic Swiss Chard
1 or 2 bunches Organic Swiss chard
1/8 teaspoon Brittany sea salt
2 teaspoon Organic virgin olive oil
4 lemon wedges
1 Tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
1. This recipe works for many different cooking greens like: collard greens, turnip or beet tops, mustard greens, spinach, tat-soi, and rapini (broccoli rabe)
2. Wash chard well to remove all sand and remove all tough stems.
3. In a large saucepan, bring to a boil about 1/2 inch of water and drop in the Swiss chard leaves.
4. Return to a boil, cover and cook 2 to 3 minutes until leaves are tender.
5. Add salt and remove from heat.
6. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of cooking liquid.
7. Add oil to the reserved liquid and pour desired amount over the chard before serving.
8. Serve each portion with a lemon wedge and sesame seeds.
To your energy and success,
Energy~Nutrition Specialist Heather M. Dominick, “The Energy Expert, " is author of the information packed ‘EnergyRICH Lifestyle’ weekly ezine. If you're ready to jump- start your energy, make effective changes, and have more fun in your life, get your FREE subscription and more EnergyRICH Tips at http://www.individual-health.net