Here is my favorite spaghetti sauce that I can eat by the spoonful. After I make this, I find myself eating bowls of just the sauce. I personally like to dip crusty french bread into the sauce, and eat as is. If you are feeling a bit on the wild side, you can always pour this Chunky Meaty Spaghetti Sauce over a bed of pasta.
* 1/4 cup Olive Oil
* 2 pounds of meat (combination of ground beef and italian sausage)
* 2 large onions, sliced
* 1 green bell pepper, sliced
* 1 red bell pepper, sliced
* 12 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
* 1/4 cup Flour
* 2 cups red wine
* 1 can beef broth
* 2 (28 ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes
* 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
* 1/4 cup Sugar
* 1 pint fresh mushrooms, quartered
* Salt and Pepper, to taste
* 7 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
* 2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
* 4 bay leaves
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
In a large stockpot cook the ground beef, sausage, onions, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and garlic, . Cook until beef is no longer pink. Add four, stir until everything is coated in flour.
To the large stockpot, add the red wine, beef broth, peeled tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, bay leaves, rosemary, dried italian seasonings, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper, and stir well.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 2 hours on a low heat.
Add mushrooms, basil, and parsley. Stir, and allow to sit for about 10 minutes.
Serving Suggestions: Serve over your favorite pasta with parmesan cheese.
Tip From Chef Bek: If you find yourself with leftovers, FREEZE them! Place the extra sauce into 1 quart freezer bags for meals to come.
Bek Davis (Chef Bek) is a trained chef and a work at home mom. You can find more recipes, cooking tips, and mom resources on her highly recommended websites: http://www.home-garden-product.com
, and http://iFreeRecipes.com