Donald Trump. The name is nearly synonymous with wealth, power, and fortune. Whether you love him or hate him, you have to agree that what he has accomplished in his life is something to respect. You simply can't hate him just because he is rich, nor can you love him just because he is rich.
For those dreaming of that same kind of wealth and business savvy, simply wanting it is not enough. But if you are serious about building wealth, then you must be open to learning, and not just by reading a book - but by actually doing the work. This is after all where the greatest opportunities are born from. In this article, we'll look at some popular quotes and sayings of Donald Trump and see what we can learn from his own success:
1. “As long as you're going to be thinking anyway, think big. " It's very easy to sit back and let life just happen, to take what it hands you and settle for what you've got. Thinking big is all about positive reinforcement for accomplishing your goals. The biggest obstacle in building wealth is believing it is beyond your reach. Think big and you'll be big.
2. “Listen to your gut, no matter how good something sounds on paper. " Instincts play a special role in any kind of business you engage in. They are your guide in the decision making process and the backbone of your thoughts. Following your instincts is as simple as giving them a voice, challenging yourself to look at things differently and learning to look before you leap.
3. “You're generally better off sticking with what you know. " Mastering knowledge on a particular topic or market is key to your success, but equally important is having a passion for what you know. Not only will you avoid a lot of guess work, you will be more convincing to others. Remember the kid in school who wrote a book report without reading the book? Well, it didn't turn out too well for him did it.
4. “Sometimes your best investments are the ones you don't make. " Not every investment you make is a good one, whether that investment be in the form of time, money or both. The trick is learning how to weigh pros and cons, explore and prepare for potential pitfalls, and making a judgement based on careful analysis. While something may sound like a good deal, it doesn't mean it will be. Simply put, there is more to an investment than just the profits you may gain.
5. “I don't make deals for the money. I've got enough, much more than I'll ever need. I do it to do it. " Passion. That's really what it all comes down to - a passion for your work, for the process of business, and even a passion for the creation of wealth. There is a big difference between loving money and loving the process of making money.
6. “I try to learn from the past, but I plan for the future by focusing exclusively on the present. That's were the fun is. " If you worry too much about the future, you can't possibly take steps in the present now to ensure that the future is successful. The past is merely a guide for helping you making better decisions in the present. By focusing on what you can do today to change your life, you are ensuring that you will reach goals sooner rather than “someday". Right now is the best time to start!
7. “I wasn't satisfied just to earn a good living. I was looking to make a statement. " People who have a passion for their work can't stop thinking or talking about it. They crave any opportunity to talk to other people with the same interests, they want to set themselves apart from the rest and ensure that when they are gone, they will be remembered for their unique accomplishments. The point is this - if you have an inescapable drive and passion for something, there is no way you can fail at it.
8. “Money was never a big motivation for me, except as a way to keep score. The real excitement is playing the game. " The thrill of the game is where you will learn everything you need to know about becoming successful. People who built their own wealth are motivated by the process of making money. This is what divides the dreamers from the doers - those who love to play game are more likely to win than those who sit on the sidelines wishing it was them.
9. “Show me someone without an ego, and I'll show you a loser. " A strong, healthy ego goes a long way toward your success. Not only does it keep you fortified and focused on your success, you send a clear message to the world that you mean business. Think about it this way - would you let a surgeon perform an operation on you if he told he was not very smart and insecure about what he was doing? Certainly not. The reality is if you think like a loser, you can't expect be anything but one.
10. “The final key to the way I promote is bravado. I play to people's fantasies. People may not always think big themselves, but they can still get very excited by those who do. That's why a little hyperbole never hurts. " If you can get people excited, interested, turned on and tuned in to what you have to say and what you're selling, then you have unlocked yet another door to success. Excitement is contagious, it's part of our evolution, and with the spread of excitement comes an increased interest, awareness and demand for what you have to offer.
Carole Nickerson has been a web developer and internet marketer since 1998. Visit http://www.thenetter.com for more free articles, tips and software.