As a professional cleaning company your employees will most likely be working in offices after business hours. Your employees’ safety and keeping the building secure are vital to your company's reputation. Have your employees follow a few simple guidelines to make sure the building they are working in stays secure!
- For employees’ safety and the security of the building, make sure employees lock all entrances when working in the building. Make sure they also know which inner doors are required to be locked (if any).
- Employees need to report any suspicious person or activity to a supervisor immediately.
- Employees should always keep all keys in their possession. Never place keys on a desk or table and never leave keys in a door.
- When leaving an office employees should make sure that all lights that are to be turned off, are indeed off. Employees should take that extra few seconds to glance back and make sure the lights are out.
- Employees need to double check all entrances/exits on leaving to make sure they locked all doors.
The last step is to turn on the security system.
- Some buildings may have keyboxes in janitorial closets where keys kept. Make sure that your employees return the keys to the keybox before they leave the building.
Steve Hanson is co-founding member of The Janitorial Store (TM), an online community for owners and managers of cleaning companies who want to build a more profitable and successful cleaning business. Sign up for Trash Talk: Tip of the Week at http://www.TheJanitorialStore.com and receive a Free Gift!