So you were thinking you might write your own resume?
That’s okay, if the following applies to you:
* You are an excellent writer.
* You are adept in grammar and spelling rules.
* You have a solid understanding of the telegraphic writing style (which eliminates the use of personal pronouns, such as “I” and “me” and articles such as “the” and “a”).
* You are an expert MS Word user.
* You keep up to date on industry trends.
* You are knowledgeable of resume layout and design.
* You know what information is relevant on a resume.
* You know what information is NOT relevant on a resume.
* You can devote several days to the resume writing process (research, preparation, writing, and editing).
Many people find they do not have the time or resources to write a professional resume that will get them results. You might also realize along the way (like many do) that hiring a professional resume writer will actually SAVE you money!
How you ask?
Imagine you have recently become unemployed and your previous salary was $34,000 annually and you are looking to remain at the same salary. Every week of unemployment equates to losing $653.85 in potential wages.
The average out-of-work American is unemployed for 18 weeks. So using the assumed $34,000 annual salary, you could lose $11,769.30 in potential wages.
On the other hand, people that have utilized my professional resume writing services have reported getting hired on average within 5 weeks.
That’s a savings of over $8,500!!
Here’s an analogy for you.
I can change the tires or the oil on my car. However, I would need to devote a lot of time and effort into learning how to replace my transmission. A mechanic on the other hand could have it done in a day or two because they have the tools, knowledge and resources necessary to get it done properly.
Since I am not a mechanic, not only will it take me well over a week, but I may not even do it correctly (and consequently cost myself even more time and money).
So the next time you think it's too expensive to have a resume professionally written, you need to ask yourself, “What does your resume cost”.
Jennifer Anthony is the Director of ResumeASAP, offering professional and affordable resume writing services. If you have comments about this article, or if you are interested in learning more about professional resume writing, please contact Jennifer Anthony by e-mail .
** WEBMASTERS **
Feel free to use this article for content with no modifications and with full credit, leaving the hyperlinks functional. :)