From Newspapers to Magazines to Internet, sales and advertising creates brilliant designer details, but what sells a great ad? In flipping through a recently released magazine I found something interesting. The most effective ads had space around them.
Considering that I can generally fill up a room, or a page, with more than most people might want in it, I seriously looked at the pages, to see why they were so effective. They all seven major details that gave the reader a clear idea of what the product was.
1. Clear – bold headlines. The headlines were clear and concise; neither dramatic nor grandiose, just clear and bold.
2. Specific value or purpose for need. The page described in detail what the value of owning the product was.
3. Dynamic Photography. A photo depicting the best view of the item being sold, providing not only a spotlighted appearance, but a detailed view of the subject.
4. Location and contact information. A website, email, or physical address are provided to contact the seller for the product, or to obtain more information.
5. A brand or logo. Each of these ads provides some sort of specific brand or logo that identifies the company if not the product, with quality information.
6. A list of virtues. Lists of qualities or attributes that make this product stand out are presented on the ad page.
7. Disclaimer, copyright, and ownership information. Usually found in the tiniest print available, this information is found either near the bottom or the bottom right of the page.
Space around the photo, around the item, and around each of the above listed details of the ad defines the page. The space grabs your attention and draws your eye to specific details of the page.
Leave a trail of white space in your ads, in your blogs, in your websites. White space is a marketing ploy that works. Use it with power.
Get Top Secret Marketing Tips from the Web's Biggest Gurus and Expert Authors on The First Annual Web Content Awareness Day on FEBRUARY 9, 2006. Are you a Guru? Visit http://WebContentAwarenessDay.com for details on becoming a contributor.
Impact your market as never before. Be seen. Be alive. Be creative in your endeavors to brand your business and consume your market. Let eBiz Blitz empower your dreams by infusing your business publications with Dynamic Content. Visit Dynamic Content Creator, Jan Verhoeff, at http://www.freewebs.com/ebizblitz